Digital Data Flows Masterclass: Emerging Technologies
Digital Data Flows Masterclass is a year-long educational program designed for regulators, policymakers, and staff seeking to better understand the data-driven technologies at the forefront of data protection law & policy. The program features experts on machine learning, biometrics, connected cars, facial recognition, online advertising, encryption, and other emerging technologies.
This year long program consists of eight planned sessions in 2018-19
- Session 1: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning - 25 October 2018 - side event to ICDPPC (Brussels) (remote participation available)
- Session 2: Location Data: GPS, Wi-Fi, and Spatial Analytics - 27 November 2018 - Brussels event (remote participation available)
- Session 3: De-Identification, Differential Privacy, and Homomorphic Encryption - 30 January 2019, 14.00 - 15.30, Area 42, Room B, Rue des Palais 46, 1030 Brussels - CPDP Side Event, Brussels (remote participation available)
- Session 4: Online advertising technologies - 1 May 2019 - Virtual (remote only)
- Session 5: Mobile Apps: Operating systems, Software Developments Kits (SDKs) and User Controls - 25 July 2019 - Virtual (remote only)
- Session 6: Facial Recognition - 27 February 2020
- Session 7: Tracking in Physical Spaces: Retail Technologies, Smart Homes, and the “Internet of Things” - TBD - Virtual (remote only)
- Session 8: De-Identification: Multi-party Computing, Differential Privacy, and Homomorphic Encryption - TBD - Virtual (remote only)
All sessions are free and will support remote participation. For in-person events, priority registration will be given to government staff.
Digital Data Flows Masterclass Archive
Visit the archive to view the relevant curriculum materials and resources for previous classes: